COLLECTION HUBS – FOR FOOD
This is us
40+ years in Food systems
Research, logistics, market, distribution, sales, community management.
20+ years in Housing associations
Research, project management, operations.
Spinning off a diverse team
American and French nationals living in Sweden and France.
- 10% of population in EU actively seek alternative supplies.
- Estimated market in the EU: 100BN EUR per year.
Alternative food supplies?
- Not sold in supermarkets.
- Suppliers: local, semi-local, small-scale, specialty, ethnic.
Hurdles to growth
- It’s not in the supermarket!
- Logistics less cost-efficient.
- Lower convenience.
Collection hubs: the backbone of e-commerce
- Used to be the post office
- Consumers buy from a supplier
- Supplier ships to a collection hub
- Consumer collects from collection hub
Special needs for food:
- temperature control
- food safety
- proximity to the consumer
My customers value my work, ethics and products. It’s important for me that they have a good experience.
Restaurants get to
I want my restaurant to be a place for community building. I also want it to be used outside meal hours.
I will go out of my way to buy local and sustainable food. But it would really help if it were more convenient.
I also like to support local businesses – they can be so good at their job. We really need each other.
#1 – Matchmaking service
Suppliers and restaurants can FIND each other
#2 – Cooperation framework
Suppliers and restaurants decide HOW to work together
#3 – IT backbone
Service is scalable
collect.farm uses existing real-estate resources to support and include smaller suppliers of food.
THE JOURNEY BEGINS HERE
♥ Matchmaking service
Suppliers, restaurants, citizen groups… can we find you a match?
♥ Want to support us?
We need support – let’s meet and talk about it. In kind (your network, a great IT person, a future adviser, a partnership) or in cash.
Terms & Conditions