Can we pool trees ?!
Book your tree in January. Or November. But not last-minute.
HANS DAVIDSSON runs a KRAV certified farm in VÅRGÅRDA, an hour from Göteborg. He grows trees of 2 varieties, Kindaholm and Emmaboda. Both are commonly referred to in Sweden as “Rödgran”. HANS sells trees with sizes varying from 150-250 cm. HANS sells to customers directly, on markets or through resellers.
In 2017, we experimented group orders with HANS, delivering batches of 10 trees to one location. This resulted in lower prices to the customers due to reduced delivery costs, as well as fun, positive social interaction among the neighbourhood.
HOW pool.farm WILL HELP
Collecting orders with friends and neighbours has become simpler. We will help you start a “pool” of members who want to place an order.
To start a group, please contact email@example.com, we will have a short discussion, check the logistics and start a group.
We can help you make group orders from other suppliers in Göteborg and Stockholm. In January we will test group deliveries of quality and small-scale farm products (vegetables, meat, cheeses) together with trusted suppliers.
DO YOU ALSO WANT TO SELL TO GROUPS with pool.farm?
Great! It’s becoming easier and easier. It’s also very cost-efficient. Speak to us!
IT WORKS LIKE THIS
- a contact in the group collects the orders and payment commitment from neighbours and sends an order to HANS.
- HANS arranges the delivery to the contact and charges one invoice for the whole delivery.
- Group members commit to the group purchase, pay the contact and collect the tree as agreed.
This year, HANS will be offering :
- 220kr per tree (10 trees or more) including delivery to one location in Göteborg
- 250kr per tree (10 trees or more) including delivery to one location in Stockholm (Join pool here)
- These prices work for deliveries enabled for large trucks. For instance in 2017 we had to pay extra in Bagis because of a low viaduct… Good to check!
The contact in the group is in charge of (1) collecting the funds, (2) paying Hans, (3) receiving the trees and (4) inviting the neighbours to collect their trees.
HOW TO ORGANISE THIS CORRECTLY
- Speak to your neighbours, friends or colleagues. Is there interest?
- Find a place where you can receive trees and store them until people pick them up.
- As a group manager, you are making the order. Make sure the group members will pay you and collect the tree!
Terms & Conditions